- Calories: 283
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Sodium: 487mg
- Carbohydrates: 51g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 9g
Cornbread Stuffing Recipe Video
- 1 cup diced dried figs
- 1/4 cup 100% corn bourbon or orange juice
- 3 cups crumbled stale gluten-free cornbread
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cooked chestnuts
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh sage
- 2 cups fat free gluten free chicken broth
- 3 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly coat a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, soak figs in bourbon or orange juice until soft. Once soft, remove from liquid. Discard any remaining liquid and set aside figs.
- In a large bowl, combine cornbread, onion, celery, garlic, chestnuts, sage and figs. Add chicken broth and mix well. Let stand 5 minutes. Lightly whisk egg whites and fold into cornbread mixture.
- Evenly spread mixture into baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2013 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010