- Calories: 249
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 48mg
- Sodium: 367mg
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 9g
Multigrain Pancakes Recipe
This multigrain pancake recipe is a great way to make a breakfast favorite healthy. Top these hearty homemade pancakes with fresh fruit for a complete breakfast.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 Tbsp yellow cornmeal
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup fat free vanilla yogurt
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, oats, cornmeal, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, yogurt, oil and egg. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined well.
- Lightly coat a griddle or skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat griddle or skillet to medium high.
- With a ladle, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto griddle for each pancake. With a spatula, flip pancakes when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Cook until both sides are browned.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2014 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010